How it works
Our Virtual Summer School offers an impressive range of courses expertly designed to suit the digital environment, to ensure that your learning outcomes are every bit as good as those at our physical events.
Short, pre-recorded lectures, annotated readings, exercises, and online social spaces give you flexibility and convenience to learn at your own pace.
All courses feature at least 10 hours of live class time during the course week, ensuring quality interaction with your Instructor and fellow participants.
To maximise your learning experience, we've added features such as office hours and chats with your Instructor, as well as plenary and social events.
Good to know
- Depending on the course, the maximum capacity is 12 or 16 participants
- If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, you will not see it on the registration form
- We may offer a second course for fully booked courses, subject to demand
- Your space is not secured until your registration is paid in full
- In circumstances where demand for a course is insufficient or exceeds the available capacity, your registration may be cancelled and you will receive a refund
Our courses are categorised to help you decide which course best suits your research needs, with ease:
- Tech tools
- Big data
- Case based
- Qualitative and Interpretive
- Our programme has been specially curated to allow you to follow a sequence of courses that complement each other
- You may choose to take any course on its own or combine it with other courses
- You can take up to three courses at the Virtual Summer School – a maximum of one course in each week
- Need help with selecting your courses? Get in touch with our Events Team
If you are considering combining courses, please be aware that this will entail a heavier workload. All courses will require additional work on top of the live teaching hours. Before you book, please read the course outlines thoroughly and make sure you are confident you can cope with the schedule.